Observer Main Functions
|Observer provides a full set of functions for professional video surveillance applications in many different areas. The user interface can be tailored to different user groups like administrators, surveillance operators, and business managers. The Observer functionality is accessible via several client technologies on many platforms. The client can be started in a standard web browser or as native application on Windows, Linux, and mobile devices like PDAs or smart phones. Installing and starting the Observer client is as easy as running a web browser.
Below you can find some highlights.
- Works in standard web browser, easy to use
- Unlimited number of cameras in arbitrary views
- Fully bidirectional audio communication
- Unique Smart Guard round tours
- Zooming into camera view
- Full PTZ control
- Event and time-based recording
- Multiple recording schedules per camera
- Unique Time Zoom function for fast archive search
- Motion detection in recordings
- Export in multiple formats
- All events and alarms are stored in a powerful event database for documentation and subsequent retrieval
- Alarm notification via e-mail, SMS, XML and I/O contacts
- Programmable Event Management System (EMS)
- Replay of event-related recordings
- Single-point management of all system resources (servers, cameras, users, etc.) by any client in the network
- Automatic distributed server upgrades
- Floating licensing for distributed servers
- Distributed server architecture
- Powerful SNAP XML integration interface (SDK available for .NET and Java)
- Availability of numerous integrations, e.g. access control, security management systems, burglar systems, POS systems, cash machines, etc.
- New integrations can be carried out quickly with minimal effort and cost.
- Advanced privacy features
- Available in more than 15 languages
- Camera sabotage detection
- Several data encryption options
- Mobile clients on smart phones and PDA